What We Believe
- Friends believe in a personal relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ, as a foundation for living.
"If you believe that Jesus is the Christ- that He is God's Son and your Savior - then you are a child of God. And all who love the Father love His children, too." (I John 5:1)
- Friends emphasize putting beliefs into action, thus demonstrating loving concern for others. "Jesus said, 'Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.'" (Matthew 5:44). This is our example today in a society steeped in hate, revenge, and violence.
- The Friends Church offers a rich fellowship for you and your family, including many outlets for fruitful Christian obedience.
The Evangelical Friends Church does not advance new teachings or doctrines. Instead, we seek to rediscover New Testament teachings and apply these age-old truths to our lives. As Friends we believe:
- God is our Father.
- Jesus Christ is "the Word made flesh" for us.
- The Holy Spirit is our Comforter, Strengthener, and Guide.
- The Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by Him.
- A person receives forgiveness through repentance for sins and belief in Jesus Christ as Savior.
- The mission of the Church is to communicate the Good News of Salvation to people everywhere.